I went to Los Angeles last month to attend the ISAR Astrology Conference. As always while in L.A. I breathed in the palm air and fell in love with the light. A friend had me eating small baguettes at Proof Bakery in Atwater Village and I finally got to see the Rain Room at LACMA.
While at the conference I learned about the 10th planet Eris discovered in 2005 (dear friends of the Moab Zodiac Salon this information will be very familiar to you so please excuse the repetition). Named after the Greek goddess of chaos and discord, Eris takes 556 years to orbit the Sun and is currently in the sign of Aries and has been since the 1920’s.
Eris’ Mythic Story
The story goes that Eris was NOT invited to the wedding of Peleus and Thetis. Feeling miffed she tossed a golden apple into the wedding party with the inscription for the most beautiful one. The goddesses Hera, Athena and Aphrodite all laid claim to the apple and the title. They insisted that Zeus choose the one most deserving and Zeus quickly passed the responsibility to Paris, prince of Troy. Paris chose Aphrodite (because she promised him Helen of Troy) and so began the Trojan War.
The Causes of Eris
- Soul Warrior
- When fierce is warranted
- Abiding discord when there is survival at stake
- No holds barred fight for existence
- Exhibiting the power of action and choice
- How to stay in ones power, especially as a woman
- Sister of Ares (God of War)
- Female struggle for survival
- Soul level commitment
- Right rage; when anger is warranted
- Taking action when necessary
- Knowing when to take a side
- Standing up for yourself and others
- Commanding your space rather than defending it
- When mediation is and isn’t warranted